Wednesday 23 March 2011

Meet our Southport coaches!

From time to time we'll give you a bit of an inside look into Little Kickers Gold Coast and the wonderful people who help make our classes a fun and memorable time for you and your little kickers.

We'd like you to get to know a little more about our coaches. We've asked Coach Amanda, our lead coach at Southport, to tell us a little bit about herself. Here's what Amanda has to say -

"I've been involved in coaching, managing and playing football for over 30 years. It's my favourite sport and I love encouraging others to enjoy the game as much as I do. I started at Little Kickers when they launched on the Gold Coast in September 2010 and whilst coaching is an exhausting role it's also loads of fun. I love seeing the smiling faces of the children each week when they come running in for their class and hearing their squeals of delight when they score a goal!

For me, coaching at Little Kickers is all about learning how to be a good sport. It's about having fun and developing gross motor skills and social skills. It has been amazing to see the progression of each child - from those who've been with us from the beginning to those who are newly enrolled. Children develop so quickly and learn new things in front of your eyes, which is always an exciting part of each class.

I love the fact that I'm a part of a program that teaches confidence, co-ordination and skills to young children in a fun, motivating way and that it is done through my favourite sport - football!"

And right beside Coach Amanda is Coach Haydn, our assistant coach at Southport. Here's what Haydn told us -

"I'm currently studying Engineering at Griffith on the Gold Coast, I am originally from the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, and football (soccer) has been a huge part of my life since I can remember!! It's taken me many places like China and Argentina and I'll never stop playing. I've been coaching since I was 16 and I still love it and that’s why I'm at Little Kickers. Hopefully all the kids get as much out of football as I have :)"

If you would like to have your first free trial lesson, or enrol your little kicker into one of our Southport classes, class times are :

Junior Kickers - 8am
Mighty Kickers - 9am
Little Kicks - 10am

Contact Abbey at goldcoast@littlekickers.com.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment